We are a leading provider of IT and geoscience solutions to the oil and gas industry - a global company located in Stavanger, Oslo, London, Aberdeen, Dubai, Houston and Calgary.
We are more than 400 employees worldwide, with 21 employees based in London 35 employees based in Aberdeen who are all focused on IT and Cloud services. As everyday work is getting more and more complex, we use a wide range of systems and applications designed to deliver what we need to get the job done.
Cegal recognises that terms of employment are important and believe that good efforts should be rewarded accordingly.
Our vision is Beyond Technology and since the beginning, Cegal has combined technology with human inventiveness.
Our values are rooted within the company, reflecting our spirit and the culture we work by. We strive to let our values drive our performance, guide us in how we work as an individual, as a team and organization. We have four values that are based on our vision and provide the foundation for everything we do:
The UKA ServiceDesk Support Engineer is the first point of contact for the customers who call our IT ServiceDesk. The primary role is to answer incoming calls, perform onsite support visits, manage & maintain all tickets in our Service Management tool, and provide first/second line technical support to all Cegal clients.
Work tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the lifecycle for all service requests, incident, and problem tickets through our Service Management System in adherence to ITIL Processes.
- Provide enhanced, concierge support for VIP users, remotely and on site when required.
- Provide technical support and advice to all users of desktop and client/server services so that operational problems and queries are diagnosed and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Utilisation of proactive management tools for monitoring infrastructure status to ensure maximum endpoint and service availability
- Administer client infrastructure and endpoint devices as part of managed services provision.
- Utilisation of proactive management tools for monitoring infrastructure status to ensure maximum endpoint and service availability.
- Participate in OUT OF HOURS Standby rota as part of the 24-hour service requirement.
- Ensuring all documentation is accurate.
- Work with other teams/departments when required.
- Experience of working on IT Support Service desks.
- Experience of working closely with customers on site.
- Service-oriented and committed.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to deliver a high level of quality and customer experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Engaged, creative, determined and responsible.
- Microsoft or other IT Technical certifications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products, 365/Azure/Server & Desktop OS.
- Be a team player and contribute to knowledge transfer.
- Curious and fast learner, particularly with regards to new technologies.
Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Other beneficial qualifications:
- Good understanding of ITIL v3/4 and qualified at foundation level desirable.
- Good technical expertise in several technical disciplines: Microsoft Azure, Azure Active Directory, Hybrid Cloud, Office 365, Cloud services, Windows server, Windows 10, Secret server, Citrix, RDS, Exchange, TCP / IP, WIFI / WLAN and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of service operations and/or Service-Now (ITSM tool).
- Certifications from i.e. Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cisco.
- Master the English language, both written and verbally
- Good oral and written presentation skills
We can offer:
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary depending on experience and skills) and benefits
- pension, private health, 25 days' annual leave + 8 bank holidays, travel insurance, death-in-service insurance
- Exciting and challenging work within a friendly and supportive environment
- Career opportunities
- International environment
Application deadline ASAP
Start as soon as possible.