The application of Business Intelligence solutions is increasingly becoming an integral part of our customers' operating model, to support data-driven decisions, obtain operational insight and enable process automation. Cegal's consultancy division helps our customers to build and manage the data platform needed, and visualization / automation based on data from their core business applications. We also help to make sense of the company data, and how business improvements can be implemented, either as members of customer-driven projects or as-a-service.
About the job
Our business consultancy division is growing. We are looking for more versatile, talented, multiskilled, and diverse developers of visualizations, data API’s/integrations, tokenization, data platforms, cognitive computing, and model-based analytics to our customer-oriented Business Information Management service.
We believe a good work/life balance is the best way to achieving high productivity, hence "balanced" is one of our four company values. Gender balance and diversity are important to us, and we appreciate team players who want to succeed together. So, in addition to skills and competencies, soft skills are equally important.
If you feel tempted by the idea of joining our team, we hope you identify with the following characteristics:
You are pragmatic and have a sound theoretical foundation. You have in the range of 2-7 years of experience. You make efficient use of frameworks, standards, and libraries, and cherish sharing and coding for reuse. Methods and principles are more important than preferred programming languages. You thrive on varied tasks and prefer sparring over-analysis paralysis. You love working in an inclusive environment where we succeed together.
Succeeding in making good Business Intelligence solutions is not so much about technology and what is possible. Our customers need us to understand the business problem we’re trying to solve in a cost-efficient manner.
We invite you to present your academic and experience-based platform to us, but we are also interested in getting to know your personality and drivers. We want you to tell us about your achievements, your passion for business intelligence solutions and data platform governance. Being a consultant means that our customers define our roles. Instead of limiting to certain positions and roles we list a snapshot of what is important to our customers, and we take it for granted that you can check some of them:
- BI Development: PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau, Spotfire (and more)
- KPI’s: Metrics, measures, gauges, thresholds, scorecard mapping
- Data Engineering: Information Architecture, data discovery, data quality management
- Data Platform: Data lake, data warehouse, integration bus, master data management, metadata management, lineage
- Data Integration and Contextualization: SSIS, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, XpertBI, Informatica, event-based data integration, and more
- Model-based analytics: Statistical modeling, mathematical modeling
- Cognitive computing: AI/ML/NLP
Most customer-driven engagements organize work according to agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps principles. Our consultants understand ITIL principles, customers' underlying IT operating models, and thrive on transforming what is important to customers into cost-efficient solutions.
Our consultants have defined some personal qualifications we are recognized for. They form our professional footprint, and we expect you to be triggered by developing in the same areas. They are enablers of great consulting skills.
- Resilient driver
- Human insight and moral compass
- Engaging and motivating
- Organized and structured
- Inclusive and humble
- Analytical and innovative
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Developing self and others
- Honest, responsible, and objective
- Professionally competent with business insights
- Formal education from university-level (Bachelor/Master).
- Relevant courses and certifications
- Preferably experience from energy, maritime, or other asset-intensive industries
- Master the Norwegian and English language, both written and verbally
- Good oral and written presentation skills
- Registered address and labor permit in Norway
We can offer
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting and challenging work environment and tasks
- Career opportunities
- International environment
Are you our next team member? If some of the above trigger your professional area of interest, don't hesitate in contacting us. We offer training in relevant topics and coaching in developing consulting skills and utilizing our wide range of methodologies, frameworks, and solutions.
We have set the application deadline to May 30th. However, we will evaluate applications as we receive them and will start inviting to interviews before this date.
The work location for this position is Stavanger, Trondheim or Oslo.
About the hiring process
We will interview candidates continuously and aim to ensure that the process runs smoothly and efficiently for both you and us. Based on the Covid-19 pandemic, we will run the interviews both online and in our "Location" office/s, with all necessary transmission prevention measures well taken care of.
Applicants needs to have a registered address & labor permit for Norway.
Should you have any questions related to the position please contact Alisa Smerdova, Managing Consultant on 909 59 484, Terje Strømstad, BC Manager Development on 917 09 984, or Frank-Arild Normanseth, HR advisor on 915 15 239.
This is a direct Company recruitment. We will not accept applications or candidates via employment agencies.