Working as an Information Security Consultant in Cegal means working with a wide range of requestors, providers, experts, products and services to continuously balance security versus usability in customer implementations.
We often talk about our consultant team as our front line. Our consultants have first-hand experience with the successes and the challenges our customers meet.
About the job
Work tasks and responsibilities:
We often talk about our consultant team as our front line. Our consultants have first-hand experience with the successes and the challenges our customers meet. As consultant you will be working with IT operations and support for customers, participate in and lead projects and documentation of our operational environments. You will be involved in design, delivery and documentation of customer solutions in accordance with relevant requirements.
Our consultants work onsite with our customers, and subsequently you will have close collaboration with the customers in your portfolio in addition to vendors and internal departments
- Provide IT security training
- Coordinate IT Security related tasks
- Assist customers with identifying and managing their Assets
- Advise on the defense of these assets, and validate the effectiveness of these defenses
- Follow-up nonconformities related to information security Participate in and contribute to external audits
- Act as an advisor sharing knowledge and experience with coworkers and customers.
- Advisor towards operating a complete ISMS for the customer
- Develop a high level of information security awareness for customers
- Conduct risk assessments, threats, and vulnerability mapping
- Calculate risks based on likelihood and consequence
- Coordinate penetration tests and vulnerability scans
Work experience from one or several areas within:
- Information Security
- Network, LAN and WAN
- Microsoft products and services and Microsoft Windows OS (server, client)
- Cloud services like Azure and Office 365
- Citrix and related services
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
- IDS/IPS Deployment and Operation
- Firewall Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Experience from large operational environments is an advantage
- Vulnerability Management
- Asset Management
You are the type of person that never uses Next, Next, Finish when installing software – you read the options and make informed decisions on what to accept and include.
You think of Information Security as an important, business enabling discipline.
It probably goes without saying that you need to be service oriented and customer focused. Consultancy is an independent role, and we need you to be responsible and reliable, always seeking to deliver high quality. We are looking for team players with a collaboration mindset and skillset to interact with technical environments and decision makers.
In addition to a broad and deep understanding of IT systems you trust your instincts to see where requirements and functionality can be aligned to match both customer expectations and security requirements.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with ISO27001/2, actual implementation experience and/or Lead Implementer Certification is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Master the Norwegian and English language, both written and verbally
- Good oral and written presentation skills in English
We can offer:
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Exciting and challenging work environment and tasks
- Career opportunities
- International environment
We will be accepting applications and run recruitment processes continuously.
NB! In order to be considered you will need to have a registered address and a valid labor /residence permit for working in Norway.
Startup as soon as possible.
Location: Oslo, Stavanger, or Trondheim, Norway
Please note that we do only accept inquiries from candidates, not recruitment agencies.
The Coronavirus outbreak is impacting our recruitment activities. At the moment you will experience increased response time from our recruiters, and the processes will take longer than under normal circumstances. We hope to bounce back in the not too distant future, and in the meantime stay safe!